By Rebecca Hinson owner of The Refined Hippie
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced or 1/2 tsp ground
1/2 inch fresh turmeric, minced or 1/2 tsp ground
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 cup spinach or kale (or both), chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 large sweet potato. peeled and cubed
1-2 tbsp red curry paste
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, and turmeric and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, lemon juice, and red curry paste. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until veggies are desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat and serve alone, over brown rice, or over cauliflower rice. Top with fresh basil and cilantro.
Recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and Paleo (if you exclude brown rice)
Recipe provided by owner of The Refined Hippie, Rebecca Hinson.