2 chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
3 medium zucchini
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup pesto, buy or make your own (vegan option) using basil, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon, and sea salt (full recipe on my Instagram @AK47fit)
1. Cut chicken breasts in half (lengthwise) and lightly season with salt and pepper. Turn stove top to medium heat, lightly oil pan and add chicken to the hot pan.
2. Let the chicken breast cook for about 5 minutes (or until it’s cooked halfway through). Slice sun-dried tomatoes into strips and place on pan around chicken. Flip the chicken breasts and add 2 tablespoons of water.
3. Allow the water to cook off, leaving sun-dried tomato reduction in the pan. Rub the chicken around in sun-dried tomato saucy goodness and add 2 to 4 more tablespoons of water. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Soak up remaining reduction, remove chicken from pan and place in a big mixing bowl. Shred the chicken (using two forks) once it’s cooled.
5. While the chicken cools, cut the zucchini into matchsticks OR shave the zucchini into thin, flat ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Stir zucchini into the bowl with the shredded chicken.
6. Add the pesto and almonds to the chicken and zucchini mixture. Stir.
7. Season with sea salt and lemon to taste.
8. Add more sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and/or almonds to desired flavor (healthiest portions listed above).
9. Mix up and enjoy on its own, or serve over a bed of kale or quinoa!